Homeless Outreach Team
The Homeless Outreach Team has been in operation since June 1998 providing care, supplies and services to those living on the streets and in shelters. this team is responsible for engaging the homeless wherever they are at in our community. HOT makes the initial assessment (CES–coordinated entry system) for all agencies to determine the needs and eligibility for services. HOT provides intensive case management to clients across the continuum of homelessness and is a major collaborator with shelters and other agencies. Each week the team travels to the streets and shelters to give supplies such as food, hygiene products, socks, underwear, blankets and clothing. For each client, our ultimate goal is a permanent housing solution while connecting them to other essential services (jobs, medial treatment and etc.).
Homeless Outreach Team Tidbits:
- In 2015 because of your generosity, we were able to accomplish these things among many:
- Helped over 1,000 homeless clients with over 250 of those being children
- Drove clients to over 3,000 appts.-(medical, job interviews, etc.) A new vehicle is needed.
- Distributed 2,500 outreach bags which contain items like food and water
- As a client moves from off the street into their new home, we distributed 83 starter kits that contain basic items to stock their apartment
- Our homeless outreach team (there are only 2 homeless outreach teams in the entire State of Indiana) successfully helped 89% of clients living on the streets to transition into housing!!
- 89% of the clients served by the Homeless Outreach Team were housed.