Summary of Goals & Objectives
Focus Area: Mission & Programming
Goal 1: The mission will be reviewed and revised if needed.
- Objective: Determine if the current mission is meeting the needs of the community and clients (potential and current).
Goal 2: Current programming of the organization should meet the needs of the community and clients, as well as plan accordingly for the future.
- Objective: A formal evaluation process will be developed for all programs.
- Objective: The program areas of homeless prevention and housing development will be explored further.
- Objective: Incorporate clients into decision making roles.
Focus Area: Organizational Capacity
Goal 1: To meet the needs of the growing organization, the Board of Directors should evaluate and improve procedures and structures as needed.
- Ensure the number of Board members meets the standards of the by-laws and continue growth of the Board to aid in promotion and security of the organization.
- Examine current Board committees and revise to meet the needs of the organization.
- Develop board commitment and boarding procedures.
Goal 2: To better address the needs of the organization and its personnel, staffing levels and compensation should be evaluated.
- Evaluate staffing deficits to ensure that high priority organizational needs are being met.
- Review salary bases and compensation levels to ensure wages are competitive and appropriate.
Goal 3: The overall improvement of the basic infrastructure should be assessed to ensure preparedness, growth and effectiveness of the organization and its programming.
- Develop and implement a succession plan for the Executive Director position.
- Address the lack of physical space for operations.
- Review marketing and branding strategies of the organization.
- IT systems will be improved to meet the needs of employees and therefore increase effectiveness.
- Replace old vehicles with more reliable vehicles.
Focus Area: Fund Development
Goal 1: In order to establish a three-month operating reserve, additional revenue, based on the budgeted public support income class, will be generated each year.
- Funds from individual donors, groups, and corporations will increase at minimum 5 percent each year.
- Fundraising event income will increase by 5 to 10 percent each year.
- Private grant income will increase by 3 percent each year.
Goal 2: To ensure financial stability, the total number of financial donors will increase by 20 percent each year.
- The number of financial donors in each tier will increase by 10-20 percent each year.
Goal 3: Board members and staff will explore mission-driven, business opportunities to expand revenue and promote organizational sustainability.
- Understand the needs of the organization in terms of scale of business and research existing businesses ran by non-profits in the region and nation.