Mission & Vision
Aurora’s mission is to prevent and end homelessness in our community.
We believe that our community and its families will be stronger when everyone has a safe, decent and sustainable place to call home.
Aurora pledges to be actively involved in
- Direct Services: Providing services to the homeless
- Prevention: Promoting services that prevent homelessness
- Community Awareness: Educating the community on homeless issues
- Collaboration: Facilitating collaboration among agencies, churches, schools, businesses, etc.
- Advocacy: Advocating for the social and economic changes necessary to make ending homelessness a reality.
- Collaboration – The act of working together, united in action
- Vision – The ability to dream and serve as a catalyst
- Integrity – Interactions are based on Social Work Code of Ethics; honoring HMIS Privacy Practices in their direct service programming.
- Competence – Emphasis on staff training, use of evidence-based practices
- Passion – Enthusiasm, strong desire, extravagant fondness
- Determination – Strongly motivated to succeed
- Compassion – Understanding that the experience of homelessness can result in emotional distress including trauma
- We believe that everyone has value.
- We believe in a “Housing First” and strength-based approach to service delivery.