Rapid Re-Housing Case Manager
To actively engage in assessment, intake, referral services, life skill training, case coordination and disbursement of Rapid Re-Housing funding to homeless individuals and families exiting shelter.
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Potential to supervise interns after one year of employment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO:
- Provide orientation to new clients.
- Develop individualized housing plans for permanency.
- Determine type and amount of eligible supports and submit rent check requests for payment.
- Complete all required documentation with accurate and timely entry into HMIS.
- Provide case management services to identified client systems (assessment, referrals, linkage, advocacy, monitoring of housing plan) to reducing housing barriers and increase client integration into the neighborhood.
- Provide life skill training as needed.
- Serve as a coordinator, liaison and advocate for clients with other service providers or systems.
- Adhere to the parameters of the Housing Support Team Program.
- Track other data as requested.
- Expand knowledge base through continuing education opportunities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To fulfill the requirement of the position, the incumbent must have a bachelor’s degree in Social Work or a relevant field with experience. The position requires the employee to possess the knowledge and skills to implement interventions in case management, crisis intervention and problem-solving approaches, as well as possess excellent assessment and communication skills. Previous experience with the homeless population, vocational services, mental health and substance abuse treatment is helpful. Knowledge of community resources is required. Must have a valid operator’s license and be able to make home visits.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of relevant field experience do you have?
- Have you completed the following level of education: Bachelor’s?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Driver’s?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- Are you in Evansville, IN?
- Do you speak English?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?