Re-Entry Case Manager
As a member of Aurora’s Re-Entry Team, will actively engage in assessment, intake, referral services, and case coordination for clients who are coming out of incarceration and reentering society.
Principal Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- Provide case management services to clients including, but not limited to, assessment, referrals, linkage, advocacy, transportation, development of re-entry plan, employment documentation, and progress monitoring.
- Serve as a liaison to, and work collaboratively with, other re-entry service providers and identified community network members to obtain treatment and recovery services.
- Help clients identify and develop natural supports using a community strengths-based model.
- Manage a case load of up to 20 clients.
- Complete all required documentation with accurate and timely entry into HMIS.
- Develop housing plans and goals with clients.
- Determine type and amount of eligible supports.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or criminal justice preferred. Previous experience with criminal justice system, mental health, and substance abuse treatment a plus.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and networking skills.
- Must have a valid motor vehicle operator’s license and be insurable by the agency’s carrier.
- Must be able to travel for client business and participation in conference, presentation, and planning opportunities in the State and nationally.
- Possess the knowledge and skills to implement intervention in case management, crisis intervention, and problem-solving approaches; as well as strong client assessment and communication skills.