JOB SUMMARY: Manage the financial and operational objectives of Aurora as directed by the Executive Director and Board of Directors for the purpose of furthering the mission for solid organizational health and financial stability.
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Volunteers, interns or supplemental staff as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operations of the agency including suppliers, facilities and support systems.
- Coordinate, organize and submit grant claims for City, IHCDA, HUD and other funders for financial reimbursement.
- Conduct all appropriate bookkeeping responsibilities.
- Creating, analyzing and compiling all necessary information to produce regular grant reports and monitoring for our funders.
- Create budgets for all grants applied for.
- Time sheet tracking and payroll submission to third party service provider as approved by Program Director and Executive Director.
- Manage cash flow, accounts payables and receivables.
- Process new hire paperwork and other duties related to HR.
- Prepare monthly financial statements.
- Prepare Aurora annual budget for approval by the Executive Director and Board.
- Point of contact and provide support to independent auditor.
- Provide administrative support for fund raising and donor activities.
- Special projects or duties as assigned by the Executive Director to support the business requirements of the organization.
Skills Required for the Position:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting is preferred.
• Detailed oriented person.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel and QuickBooks.
• Must have a valid operator driver’s license and be able to work within the community
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of the position, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.